If you read my previous blog post you know I've been playing with fabric, cutting and sewing and then cutting and sewing some more making strange and wonderful combinations. Quite often not much planning goes into the things I make and that's why these potholders are the shape they are instead of being square or round as is usual.
I had fun making these, I enjoyed the challenge of creating the block in the centre and having a go at some sort of machine quilting.
As you can see I used 2 different types of binding, on the 2 potholders below I used binding I made myself with the help of this great tutorial found on Pinterest.
While on this one I used some leftover gingham bias binding.